2.26.2013

Day #2 in Orvieto



Me and Laura on the walk :)





The Duormo - a huge cathedral in Orvieto
February 24, 2013

Today I learned two things (well, I learned a lot today but these are two of the more important things): The first is that Orvieto is a beautiful city – two beautiful to express in words. I’m already excited to explore more, go into the different shops and cafes, etc. The second thing I learned is that I don’t want to be a tourist anymore (even though this is only Day 1!). I don’t want to be confused or lost, I want to understand Italian, and I just want this to really be my home. And I know that it takes time and patience and work to really invest in somewhere new with new people, I just am anxious to make it through the first few weeks of orientation stuff and really feeling comfortable here! But the exciting thing is that I’ll be here for FOUR MONTHS and I know that Orvieto will soon feel like a home. And in a way I already feel like it is, it will just take some time to get out of this tourist-y feeling and feel as though I need to take pictures right away and do everything right away! Because there is so much time to explore. :)

A few random things that we did today:
- Going to a café for the first time (and there was a cat there!). Lots of pastries and my first cappuccino here
- Went to Catholic mass at a local parish. Everyone keeps their coats on in church because it’s so cold… no coat racks.
- Walking around, wandering through the streets, taking pictures for a while
- Going to palazzo to see the studio where we used the wifi for the first time and had some soup/bread for dinner
- Visiting the book store and gift shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!