11.16.2013

Day #4 in California

November 16, 2013 – Saturday

On Saturday morning, the three of us took the bus to the farmers' market. I’ve only been to a few farmers’ markets before, mostly just the one in Newburyport. This outdoor market was huge and people would come up to us to ask if we wanted free samples! Even at the dried fruit stand, they told us to try whatever we wanted. So pretty much out entire breakfast/lunch was supplied by all these free samples. There was even a falafel stand with free samples. When Laura and I went to visit Kelly in Edinburgh, we went to this falafel place three times in three days because I didn’t even realize I had a falafel obsession. So I had about five pieces of free falafel and then I ended up buying some for lunch too! We sat on the pier and I ate my falafel while Sara and Laura ate their real lunch – some sort of Mexican. Anyways, for free samples we had all sorts of toffee, fruit, iced tea, crackers, cheese, bread, coffee, chocolates, and more. Then when we left the market and started to walk to the pier with the seals, a lemonade truck pulled up and gave us free bottles of lemonade! You can’t make this stuff up.

We finally made it to the seal pier where we watched these seals for almost an hour. They were so interesting! They were barking, sleeping, fighting, rolling, swimming, and just being seals. People would come and go but Laura and I could’ve watched them for days. They were just so funny! Sara thought they were funny too but she’d already seen them so they weren’t AS exciting.

We took the trolley up and down the hills of San Francisco in the afternoon. Laura and Sara wanted to stand on the side of the trolley instead of sit down so I agreed to do so as well although I wasn’t sure about it. I mean I like adventure and all but hanging out of a fast-moving trolley sounded a little too adventurous to me. Anyways, it was really fun even though I was definitely scared at times when we would pass other cars/trucks on the road and I would flatten myself against the side of the trolley, hanging on to that pole for dear life.

So we took the trolley downtown, where Ed picked us up in his car and we drove to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was so beautiful at sunset! Laura took some beautiful pictures and we spent some time under the bridge until it got too cold/windy. We then went to a Thai place for dinner and that was delicious, again. It was an hour-long wait to get a table (and at this point I was getting prettyyyyyy hungry) but it was totally work the wait. :)








So scared




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!