4.13.2017

Countdown til April break





I am CRAWLING to April vacation. Literally crawling. I leave the school every day and pretty much stumble to my car - exhausted and drained and tired and sneezy (because I've had a cold for pretty much... this entire school year).

ONE. MORE. DAY.

In other news, I'm so excited to give this blog a new name! I feel like I've struggled with the direction of my blog ever since it used to be more of a travel journal (as you can see if you look at the posts in the top right corner). I loved when this was my way to record my study abroad experience and travels but unfortunately I don't get to travel as much anymore, so it needed a little freshening up. I think I finally have more of a direction for this though. I recently started as a Team Beachbody coach and I think through that experience, I will use this blog as a way to record my journey and also get back into writing regularly about my life.

I was originally interested in the Beachbody program because of Shakeology (and now I'm obsessed – it’s the best part of my morning routine!). After playing field hockey in college, I missed the accountability and discipline that comes with being on a team - and I have recently found that again in the Team Beachboy accountability groups. Over the past few years, I have only wanted to get in shape or look attractive to impress other people. I've had a bad mindset in terms of thinking that maybe if I was prettier or thinner or more attractive then maybe THIS person would like me or THAT person would like me. And although I didn’t think this 100% of the time, it would still creep up whenever I started a new workout routine.

I suddenly began to hate these negative thoughts and missed the confident field hockey player I had once been. This is when I decided to make a change and make my health a priority for MYSELF. I want to work hard and do this for myself and not for anyone else. This is a time in my life where I can focus on my own health and know in my heart that my worth is not defined by my jean size or my outward appearance. I am a Beachbody participant and coach because I want to feel healthy and strong while helping others do the same!

I can't wait to share with you parts of my journey and also my life as an ELL teacher (I could write about this forever... but I'll save that for another day).

Thanks for reading! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!