12.31.2010

Goodbye, graduation year!

One of my favorite pictures :) Olivia, Sarah, Megan
Yesterday on stumbleupon.com (a really cool website that brings you to different, interesting things!) I found something that was a sort of 30 Day Challenge. One of the questions to answer during a certain day was, "What is something you hate about yourself?" Now I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate anything about myself, but one of my flaws is certainly that I can't let go of things. Whether that includes memories, people, bitterness, anger, or any combination of those things, I struggle with the action of letting go. While I'm in college now, I can still say that I "just graduated" high school (because it was only 6 months ago!). But soon it will be 2011, and what kind of number is that? I've been looking it as just 2010 + 1. I graduated in 2010, so this year is just the follow-up, etc.

On Thursday morning, yesterday, Sarah picked me up and we went to Olivia's house to say goodbye to her which was really fun. I realized that I really want to go on a plane again, too! It seemed weird to me because she's waited so long to leave and go to school, and then all of a sudden she's jumping in her car with 5 suitcases, ready to go somewhere completely different. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, because that has certainly been a reoccurring mood for me as this year draws to a close, but I'm reminded of how I shouldn't be dwelling on a simple date of an important event in my life. Rather, I should be looking forward to 2011 with excitement and relief that this is an opportunity to start over. To celebrate this, I've already deleted a few Facebook friends that I don't mind losing. New year's resolution? Continue with my realization that people change, and I can't linger on what has-been. In this manner, I hope to start fresh and focus on the people I love, opportunities I've been blessed with, and focusing on what's positive in my life. 

Just a few things that are going well: 
- My first semester grade report was posted, and my brand new gpa is a 3.83 :)
- I've been working this week, and now I should have a few extra dollars. Yahoo!
- I think I might start playing the guitar again
- I have the next 19 days to work on scholarships (not fun, but at least I have time)
- Next semester I have Intro to Creative Writing!!!!!!!!
- I went tubing with Sarah yesterday and played board games with Victoria & Amy
- I decorated my room with Christmas lights and paper snowflakes (still slight obsession here)
- I have randomly been writing poems (these should be classified as "rants" because that's what they resemble)
- My fish tank has stayed clean this week
- I just made an omelette and it was delicious 
- Michael and I recently had Photo Booth modeling session
- Michael also downloaded a bunch of free iPod touch applications for me
- Tonight I'm hanging out with Amy and we're having a sleepover (like old times)
- My pal Anna posted THE BEST Christmas card/movie on my wall yesterday, while resulted in me having intense stomach cramps from laughing so hard

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!