12.27.2010

Letters to Juliet

For Christmas, my mom got my sister and I the movie Letters to Juliet. We watched it today and it was so wonderful! I had never known that there was such a wall where people from all over the world write to "Juliet of Verona." They ask her for advice on love (and almost 5,000 letters are sent/posted every year!). These letters are read and then a group of people, her "secretaries," answer these letters.


I would love to see this! I've been thinking about where I want to study abroad during my junior year, and I think it would be so amazing to go to Italy. I'm impressed that these women volunteer their time to honestly answer anyone who is heartbroken, questioning, or simply devastated and have no one to turn to but the name of Juliet. I realized that I wish I could give advice (not that I'm a real expert) to others who are searching for love or are trying to choose between one life and another. Anyways, this is where I want to go:
Juliet's balcony in Verona, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!