12.16.2010

1 semester down, 7 to go! ~ Papa

I am no longer a baby freshman. Actually, I still am... but I have successfully completed (well, mostly) the Great Conversation, Examined Life, Old Testament, and Historical Perspectives. Now I have 4 of my core classes completed, with only 14233562 more to go! I would say that they are all successful, but philosophy was not enjoyable. Except for that one time I made a scene (look to my previous post). Instead of taking useful notes, I did manage to jot down a few things my professor said. Perhaps they are his personal opinions, but perhaps not:

- Even the amoeba is doing the best he can in this world
- Augustine's main concern: he doesn't want God to be just another "domesticated Joe"
- All his friends are brainy guys but he's a super brainy guy
- Our God doesn't sleep around
- God has left us to tend the garden
- I find him in my drawers, in my brain (what...?)
- Trust your medicines!
- Animals that turn the other cheek DIE

Now this was over the span of the semester, and I certainly didn't get everything down. But as you can see by my "what?" I did not know what was going on in this class. But I did know that I would be going back to my room to take a 2 hour nap once in ended.
Anyways, I'm excited for next semester. Unfortunately, I'm taking 3 more required classes (New Testament, Microeconomics, Intro to Human Movement). But I'll also have Intro to Creative Writing!
Seriously, I love my bed. The best place to take a nap (and I did... every Tues/Thurs at 10am after Examind Life was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!