6.09.2013

Day #106 in Orvieto

June 9, 2013 - Saturday

On Saturday morning, I went to the market with Becky and Tyler. We bought some honey to bring home and then walked around Orvieto for a while. The streets are always packed on Saturdays so we eventually just sat on the steps in Piazza della Repubblica and waited until lunchtime at 1pm. We walked to the palazzo where the professors lived and Prof Stevick asked if I wanted to babysit that afternoon. So after lunch at Locanda, I babysat his kids for three hours in the afternoon. We played in the monastery, in the bamboo forest, and the courtyard. We went to the parade for a while but mostly played Star Wars for the majority of the afternoon. They always wanted to put on a play but I was a bad actress so they soon changed their minds about that game. After babysitting, I worked in the studio for a while and then everyone returned to the monastery to have dinner. After dinner, I went out with Sara, Laura, Jenna, Rebekah, and Becky on a "triple roommate date" and we walked around Orvieto for a while. We heard singing to we followed the street where it was coming from, only to find an acapella group singing Lion King songs. I almost fell down of excitement and I took a few videos on my iPhone. So that was the highlight of the night and I was signing Lion King songs for the next 24 hours after that. So strange... but it was great. 

These parade pictures are from a few days ago but this is exactly what the parade today looked like:



Marching by the duomo

1 comment:

  1. The first parade you will be seeing when you return will be Old Home Day! It sure will be different. Glad to see you are having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!