6.01.2013

Day #99 in Orvieto


June 1, 2013 – Saturday

This morning after waking up late, I grabbed an apple for breakfast and then went to the market! I was worried that this might be my last Saturday market trip because we might not be around next Saturday morning (might go on a hike) and the Saturday after that, I’ll be on the plane! So this morning I bought some dried strawberries and a little milk frother thing to go with my espresso maker. It was raining off and on all morning but Laura and I slowly made our way through the market twice, went into a few other stores, and then made our way back to the monastery. There weren’t very many people at lunch today because everyone went farming for the day – it’s always nice to have less people at lunch because it’s hard to talk to everyone when there’s twenty of us at a long table.

After lunch, it was kind of cold and rainy so we went back to the monastery to hang out, do some work, etc. It was a quiet afternoon in the monastery. Everyone got back from farming and then almost everyone (except for me and three other people) went to Bolsena to hike from Bolsena to Orvieto from midnight to the wee hours of the morning. I thought about going but I think I’m getting up early to go to Rome tomorrow morning.

There were a few events going on today in town for Corpus Christi, the huge event that seems to last for a while month here. So Orvieto is all decorated and each “quarter” of Orvieto has their special quarter flag colors and decorations and flowers up. Tomorrow is day #100 in Orvieto and the kick-off of Corpus Christi with the big parade! I’ll be in Rome though with Heather (depending on the weather), but still – day #100! When did that happen??? I feel like a just typed “Day #50 in Orvieto” and it felt like a big deal, but that was… 50 days ago now. 


View from my run today
Corpus Christi parade!
Right by our monastery
Also found a cat during my run

1 comment:

  1. I think all of those cats you are seeing are really your dad spying on you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!