6.10.2013

Day #108 in Orvieto

June 11, 2013 - Monday

Even though this was the last Monday morning here in Orvieto and I thought it would be a special Monday, it was still just a regular Monday. We had class, chapter meeting, lunch, and then the ITALIAN EXAM. So of course everyone was going crazy at lunch, frantically reading flashcards and yelling out verb conjugations. Instead of joining in, I just decided to sit there and sulk during the whole lunch because cray studying like that just stresses me out! So for a few minutes before the exam, I just went back to my room and studied a little bit. They exam would've been easy if I was good at Italian, but unfortunately it was a slight struggle because I couldn't remember a few things. I'm pretty sure I did alright though. If I had to re-do my study abroad semester in Italy, I'd probably study Italian more because it would've been useful to know a bit more! But anyways... So the Italian exam was a little painful but it felt so good to be done with the exam and work in the studio for the afternoon. Then at 5pm, four of us went to Prof Stevick's apartment at the palazzo to go over some of our poems. Our class was signed up for different days so I just happened to be in the Monday slot. There was tea and lots of snacks. We sat outside in the palazzo courtyard area and talked about our poems from the past month. It was really helpful because we have to revise all of our poems this week. But we ended up staying there for two hours! So suddenly it was almost dinnertime. We had salad for dinner and then Laura, Sara, and I had our usual Monday teatime back at the monastery. We brought our tea out in the courtyard and tried to look at the stars but we only saw a bunch of bats. Then at 11pm, we all went into the sala because sometimes Karen will read from her favorite book, Einstein's Dreams. So that always puts everyone to sleep (in a good way).

Hannah brought our suitcases out of storage today so the whole packing thing is getting real! I'm trying not to pack yet though because it will only take me like an hour to pack my suitcase so I probably shouldn't pack away all my clothes yet...

This is another picture that I stole/borrowed from Laura. These trees are in lower Orvieto:


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your packing, can't wait to see you . Hope you have a good flight Love Grammie and Papa.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!