6.01.2013

Day #98 in Orvieto

May 31, 2013 - Friday

On Friday morning I woke up to the sound of doors slamming in the hallway. Our hallway is super echo-y and even if someone is trying to whisper in the hallway, you can usually hear what they’re saying if you’re in the room with your door shut. So I woke up to the doors slamming and I was pretty grumpy about it – it reminded me of when Michael likes to practice the piano at home and the piano is pretty much right over my head because my bedroom is in the basement. So I was angry that loud noises were waking me up so early… but then I looked at my clock and it was 11:30am. Probably time to get up.

I went to lunch, had some pasta, and then came back to babysit Prof Stevick’s kids at the monastery for a few hours. Once again, it was kind of strange (but good) to babysit and play with the kids without any toys. They kept asking me to “read” them a story so I had to make up Piglet stories on the spot for most of the afternoon. We spent a lot of time in the bamboo forest in the backyard of the monastery which was pretty fun until Prof Stevick’s son wanted to use bamboo sticks as light sabers and then things were too dangerous. But still, it was really fun and way better than my normal Friday routine (sleep late, go to lunch, nap).

After babysitting, I went to Montanucci’s with a few people and we each order a “shakerato” which is pretty much just frozen coffee with a little bit of chocolate in it. So of course those were delicious! Then we sat on the steps in Piazza della Repubblica for a while in the sun. Soon it was time to go back to the monastery and then dinner. We had pasta again for dinner, which was good but slightly overwhelming because we already had pasta at lunch. I usually enjoy pasta (except for angel hair pasta – ew) but I don’t think I’m going to have it for a very long time once I return home!


Chillin on the steps

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessin you won't be wanting pasta and meatballs for Sunday dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to teach your dad how to cook some of those delicious dishes?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!