6.15.2013

Day #112 in Orvieto (the last day)


June 14, 2013 – Friday

A few people woke up early this morning to see the sunrise but I just woke up early at 5:30 to do my laundry – I’ll see the sunrise tomorrow morning before we go to the airport! Most of the morning was spent packing, eating leftover food, cleaning, returning things to the studio/classrooms/Prof Doll. By noon I had my bags packed except for a few clothes that still needed to go in before Saturday morning. It was SO hot today! But I was inside for most of the morning doing all of that stuff. We also had a huge music swap where we made playlists on each other’s computers and then shared all the music. So my laptop has 3000 more songs right now, which seems a little excessive, but at least I’ll have lots of music to listen to tomorrow on the plane!

After a busy morning, Naomi and I went to the clock tower around 3 to take a break from packing/cleaning. The clock tower was just as good the second time – it was a beautiful day to be up there but unfortunately we couldn’t stay long because we had to get back to the monastery to finish cleaning before room checks. We got gelato on the way back (for the last time!) and then everyone had to go to a quick meeting in the sala because Prof Doll needed to tell us a few things, hand out course evaluations, give out grades, etc. We then finished cleaning and packing up our rooms before the art show at 7. Even though all of our art from the entire semester was set up around the monastery, everyone stayed outside in the courtyard because that’s where the band and the snacks were. There were a million kids running around, playing soccer, and then a lot of people were dancing. The party/show lasted until 11:30pm and it was a little bit sad at the end because we had to say goodbye to Alessandro’s family and Prof Doll’s family.

We cleaned up our artwork from the studio, packed it up into our suitcases, and brought the suitcases down to the lobby at midnight. Then Karen gave me a haircut until 1 in the morning because my hair was so long and I couldn’t stand it! And Karen is so great at cutting hair. So it was fun to talk to her while she cut my hair. I finally went to bed around 2am and had my alarm set for 5:20 the next morning because I wanted to see the sunrise!


Here are a few pictures from tonight:




3 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safely and that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I will miss your blog from Italy, I have truly enjoyed your adventures and your photos, just beautiful. Our last night in Italy we enjoyed listening to a piano player in our hotel and had limoncello (delicious). Seems whenever you travel, it is so sad to leave but exciting to return home to family and friends. My enjoyment of gelato was as passionate as yours and tried to at least sample every flavor they had.
    Safe Journey!!!!!
    Loraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loraine, thanks so much for reading my blog! I love limoncello! It's been exciting to be at home, but I'm definitely looking forward to returning to Italy!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!