6.04.2011

Day 2: Monday, May 23rd


Unfortunately, I just wasted half of this journal time with a much needed bathroom break and poison ivy anti-itch cream application. IT'S STILL SO ITCHY THOUGH! I'm wearing my tight long underwear pants so I think that's why it hurts so much, I don't really know what to think now. It's pouring. My mouth is dry from the frosted mini wheats we just ate (not sure how I was the last one eating...)

Successes so far:
- collected a bunch of nice sticks for the fire
- I'm going to open a note that my mom left me soon :)
- didn't die overnight
- the tent stayed pretty dry even though it was ringing
-I got to see Julie in the bathroom last night and I gave her one of Grammie's cookies

Things I want to concentrate on:
- being more positive
- trying to be friendly
- not worry about now having my phone (I keep checking for it... sigh)
- stop judging (I'm not really doing it right now but I definitely have a tendency to judge people, especially those I find to be annoying)

Romans 15:7 - Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Monday night (still at Gordon):
I'm actually sort of excited to share my life story now. If given the opportunity tonight, I definitely could have said most everything I think has been influential in my life I'm jealous of people who "found Christ" at age 2. That doesn't seem fair. All I wanted to find at age 2 was the snack cupboard and where my parents were hiding the raw corn for dinner. Lunch was good. Got seven crackers with various toppings and it actually got me pretty far! Probs because it took so long to assemble everything so I had to eat slowly. I LOVED seeing Julie today on the ropes course. Must tell Mindy, Jeff, and Ashley that I did the catwalk! Sometimes people in my group are surprisingly nice and ask me questions while I'm staring off into the dirty water with lily pads, wondering how it is possible that my leg thinks it feels my phone vibrating. Just washed my face with a make-up remover wipe and it feels GLORIOUS. Unfortunately, my poison ivy is still on the rampage but instead of itching it, I've resorted to "petting" it as if to soothe it. The best thing so far is to just ignore it, sadly. We just went to the bathroom in Jenks today. Never again will I complain about the nasty smells protruding from the Jenks' bathrooms again.

Personal notes: Unfortunately, I am still a learner when it comes to peeing in the woods (WHAT IS THE TRICK??). I have peed on myself both times, all in my pants. Mosquitoes attacking my bare skin, and it's not like I have stop peeing or anything because I gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!