6.10.2011

Day 11: Wednesday, June 1st

Sometimes I'm hungry and sometimes I'm not. I'm pretty hungry right now though and it's around 10:30 or 11 in the morning. Unfortunately, my stomach is not fooled anymore by the water... it knows it's not getting food!

Isaiah 58:11 - "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

John 6:35 - "Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life, he who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.'"

Matthew 5:6 - "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Unfortunately I'm so distracted by the word "bread" that all I can think about is going to Panera and all the kinds of bread that I would like. I would even have some gross Wonderbread or that weird potato bread stuff. Okay, well that's actually not entirely true--my hunger pains are surprisingly bearable right now. Just uncomfortable and slightly distracting.


This second video is kind of gross and I''m not sure why I made it... but it's a little bit funny.
Personal notes:
72 right hand (bug bites)
38 left hand
27 face/neck
19 right forearm
29 left forearm
70 torso
48 left foot
26 left leg
43 right leg/foot
TOTAL: 372 bites as of Wednesday at 10ish

Just stopped counting to kill a centipede. I hate bugs so much. I had to hit it 4 times to kill it on my sleeping pad. I thought I was going to pass out and die earlier around 12. I went down to the water and I couldn't get back up to my site I was so weak. Now it's around 4 and I feel weak but I swear my stomach has disappeared. A huge tree just crashed down next to me because this wind is crazy! Also, a rather large piece of bark just flew off and tree and hit me in the shoulder. And it weirdly is just staying there. It didn't fall down or anything. Breakfast tomorrow morning!!!! :) I can't wait. I'll also see Julie tomorrow at base camp!

1 comment:

  1. potato bread's not WEIRD, you fool. it's marvelous. on a more related note, those bugs didn't seem to stop you from finding epic verses about God's timely sustenance when we're more than a little bit hungry :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!