6.04.2011

Day 6: Friday, May 27th

So I've realized that my calling includes a pair of hedge/brush clippers or whatever you call them and some overgrown trails. Initially, I felt bad for killing the trees after all this "Leave No Trace" business, but then I realized how satisfying it was to demolish everything that is not in it's place. I feel like I should figure out what it means if I love to do this, along with organizing, cleaning, or lining things up in an OCD manner. I mean, there must be some occupation (besides a personal house cleaner) that employs all of these weird organizing obsessions.

I'm really grateful we did the service project. It was such a nice "break" from the hiking, branches whipping you in the face, etc. It was weird/unusual though because we went from knocking down ferns and dead trees with our hiking boots just to get to our destination... to fixing up and widening a trail so that others can use it and benefit from our work later on.

Psalm 100:1-3, 5 - "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. Is is he who make us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture...for the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

I got a bug bite today that swelled up to be the size of a quarter. My Sherpas drew this line around it to make sure it didn't swell anymore that this:
Personal notes: Day 6 and my hair is still curly when I take it out of my bun! It actually still smells pretty good (the part that's been in the center of my bun). It poured last night and I was sorta in a bad mood because everyone was talking in the other tents and giggling. Considered getting ugly. Granola was good this morning although I wanted more. I'm carrying the snacks for today--yay! Idk how some people only take 4 (or less) or their allotted 7 crackers for lunch. Crazy. More for me though. Bugs attack when I try to use the facilities aka stumps. Almost lost my bug net this morning and died. My poison ivy looks wretched and I'm wondering if my parents will pay $$ to have the possible scars removed. Sigh. I miss my parents and this lake reminds me of camp. No one else really looks at the lake too much but it's so beautiful! I keep leaving the group to go look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!