6.05.2011

Day 10: Tuesday, May 31st

I already knew this before La Vida, but I really really really really really really hate confrontation. I'm trying to work on the ACES right now and I've finished all of the "appreciations" parts, but I'm struggling with the "challenges/exhortations" bits. How am I supposed to tell people "wrong" with them, to their face! It's a useful assignment though because it's challenging me (along with everything else on La Vida). Things I want to work on when I get home:
1. To not be as jealous
2. To not be content with laziness or mediocrity (it took me a while to think of that word and I still don't know if that's what I'm looking for here). Sometimes I give up early and never finish what I start. For example... giving up sweets for Lent. Nope. Didn't happen. Okay maybe I'm thinking more of discipline here.
3. To work on my relationships with my family and friends (some of them...)




Personal notes: 
So it's around 6 or 6:30 on Day #1 of my solo... I've been "fasting" for about 24 hours and so far I've had 1/2 of a granola bar. I know I can count on another 1/2 tomorrow night when I take my medicine, hopefully. I'm really surprised that I'm still feeling pretty strong right now. It wasn't until a few minutes ago that I got a slight headache. I know know how I'm doing this at all. I'm nervous about falling asleep tonight though because I've just been laying around all day on the same mat. I'm VERY excited to open Anna's letter tomorrow though. I forgot she leaves for India tomorrow! I miss her. I wish I could tell her of my adventures right when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!