6.04.2011

Day 5: Thursday, May 26th

Last night it felt so good to be warm and cozy, not itchy in my tent. I was too excited to sleep! I think I only woke up briefly last night but I'm pretty sure I was smiling both times because I was so comfortable. I can't get out of my grumpiness though when I wake up every morning at 5:30. Maybe it's the bug net, but I my eyes are constantly cloudy and all fogged up. I was in a terrible mood but after restlessly write with everyone else during out quiet time, I though I was going to die of the bugs. I'm sitting in the woods now and they appear to be not as vicious (the bugs, not my group).

I really don't know how I'm going to get through today or the rest of these days. Sounds dramatic, I know, but I wish there was some wind or rain to get these bugs away! I'm also so nervous about my poison ivy continuing to get worse since I'm done with my prednisone. 

Romans 5:3-5 - "Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Star Mountain
Meachum Lake
Meachum Lake, the next morning
Personal notes: bushwacked up Cherry Hill, hiked Star Mountain but there was a thunderstorm so we couldn't stay at the top for long, back rub chains, "where is the lake?", Franklin falling twice during the bushwack and looking like a green giraffe, cream of rice for breakfast (GAG). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!