6.04.2011

Day 8: Sunday, May 29th

Prompt for the day: Read Daniel 6; Describe a leader who you trust.

I trust my parents as leaders--typical answer, I know. I always ask my mom for advice (whether I take the advice of now) on various things including school, friends, whether I should do something or not. I think I depend on other people too much--this has become apparent to me on this trip. I too often have the mindset that the task will be done... just by someone else. I really admire people here that always offer to help with tasks around camp as they honestly want to help. I really want to adopt that sort of attitude while I'm also frustrated with myself that I haven't been helpful as much as I could have been/be. This devo is definitely applicable since I'm one of the Leader's of the Day today (this makes me nervous but I'll glad I'm with Matt because he always makes me laugh). 

Sunday night: So unfortunately I started to cry today when I realized that my poison ivy is so much worse and it was really itchy and bubbly (gross). Caroline asked if I was okay and hugged me which of course made me cry because she was so sweet. Franklin gave me some of his pants and they really helped because they were slippery/thin and clean. I'm incredibly thankful that I'm a part of this group because everyone has been kind and I was reminded of that today. 

near our last campsite

Personal notes: oatmeal + brown sugar + raisins = SO GOOD. Slept terribly last night, felt like I was upside down, prayed at breakfast today after saying it 3-4 times, bad cold + snot = wish I had tissues. It was fun leading with Matt today. Very unfortunate that we got lost... but wonderful that La Vida finds it necessary to have a ranger and/or bail-out spot in case of emergencies every day. Good job, La Vida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!