6.04.2011

Day 4: Wednesday, May 25th

So when we were being told about the ensuing rock climbing, I was getting sick just thinking about it. Flashbacks to middle school gym, class rock wall... ugh. after waiting for what felt like years, my bladder and other things started to kick in (WHY is it always at the most inconvenient times, once again!). Surprisingly enough, I didn't think about it until a few hours after the rock climbing (until now--no success though). In response to the actual climbing, IT WAS FUN! I felt like I was moving my heavy booted feet quite swiftly, and the trickiest part was right at the end! People kindly used my camera to take pictures of me, even though I mentioned that I might now be too impressive up there. So I would consider it a success! :) My group was so encouraging, especially Matt and Jacqueline. I felt myself freezing up initially as a was repelling down (this was after I made it to the top!), because I had to lean back over the cliff. THe bugs chose this as an ample opportunity to attack, and my right upper arm was SO SORE. This made me annoyed, because I felt that all my track workouts with those dumb power cleans and bench pressing should have kicked in. Anyways, I feel that I am now an official rock climbing, bandana-wearing, dirty hiking booted woman after just a little session of hardcore climbing. I feel very empowered, which is unexpected considering I'm not a fan of adventure (or risk-taking adventure, at least).

Almost to the top!

Personal notes [this was at a point in the day was I was NOT very happy, as you can see]: I hate these bugs. This is officially terrible. My poison ivy is still on the rampage and I'm gonna die. This backpack makes me feel like a pack mule. Just killed a bug and got blood all over my new pants. I've been wearing the same shirt and underwear since Sunday and I don't even care that my hair is dirty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!