6.04.2011

Day 3: Tuesday, May 24th

I've been having a lot of those moments when people are talking/discussing/ and I finally think of something I wanted to say, but it's hours later and the conversation is well over. I hate not knowing what the say with new people and I think it's definitely affecting how I begin friendships. It sort of feels like the field hockey preseason from last year when I vaguely know of people, but not well enough that I could make jokes with or have open conversations with them (easily). I wish I could skip the awkwardness and more right along to the cat jokes and dumb facial expression stage. Unfortunately, I feel like time is crucial for relationships to really evolve. I really really really enjoyed making the covenant with everyone today! I agreed with pretty much everything that was said.

The whole group before our first hike!
Waterfall near our 1st campsite


Personal notes: car ride to NY ("Ohh you can't get to heaven in a Kleenex box cuz God don't like no little snots, "Ohh you can't get to heaven in a mini skirt cuz God don't like no little flirts"). This morning I was sort of negative, but today I was actually (dare I say it?) having fun! I'm not sure if that's a feeling of newness and perhaps it will wear off, but I have enjoyed being this little camper-Megan. Two boys here have baseball fleeces on and I want to pet them because sometimes Jeff allows me to pet his fleece without too much annoyance. Success #3 peeing behind another tree! Used a fluffy green leaf but it didn't do much. So hungry for chicken and rice tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!