4.03.2013

Day #40 in Orvieto


April 3, 2013 - Wednesday
I can’t believe it’s April right now. I mean I know it’s been April for three days now… but what the heck! I didn’t wake up to my alarm this morning because I was having a dream that I was at a Goo Goo Dolls concert, obviously listening to the Goo Goo Dolls. But this was a problem because my alarm that I wake up to is a Goo Goo Dolls song! So it turned into part of my dream and then I didn’t wake up. I mean I woke up eventually but I had to rush, again. I’ve been trying to get up earlier so I beat the 20-person rush in the breakfast room at 8:30 when everyone is trying to grab the same carton of milk, the sugar, the box of corn flakes… it’s chaotic. Anyways, I’d say that maybe I’ll get up earlier tomorrow but we’ll be on our way to Florence! I think our train is leaving at 7:21am tomorrow morning so we’ll be taking the bus down to lower Orvieto at 6:30am (because even the funicular doesn’t run that early!).
Class was pretty interesting today when we talked about angles in paintings and then it turned to angles in sports and then I ended up thinking of track and throwing the discus for the rest of class. 

After class, we had chapter meeting again and then walked to lunch. It was my turn to take out the trash today so that was interesting… they have separate garbage things for paper, plastic, compost, and regular garbage so I had to figure out which one to take out. So I had to drag the big garbage can all the way outside of the gate (sometimes I think it’s cool that we have a huge iron gate that locks us in/out of the monastery courtyard). Anyways, so we had some delicious pasta for lunch. It was cheesy and had asparagus in it. Then we had some peas and chicken. No one at my end of the table really likes peas so I had the whole bucket to myself. It was great.

After lunch, we hung out at the monastery until Italian class from 3-4. Italian was really fun today and we learned some more vocabulary. Well, I don’t really remember it right now but I DID take some notes in class. 

After Italian I went for a run! It was beautiful out today and it was actually really hot in the sun while I was running. I stopped at the park once I finished running to take a few pictures because it was gorgeous outside! After my run, I went back to clean my room and pack for Florence! I’m not excited to get up early but I AM excited to go to Florence/Arezzo tomorrow and Friday. Then Siena on Saturday! It’ll be a busy weekend and then KELLY IS COMING TO VISIT ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kelly is studying in Scotland this semester but she’s on spring break so she’s coming to visit Orvieto! I’m so so so excited to see her! 

A few pictures from my run today:





3 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! Have a great weekend! Hope you have wifi where you are going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make a comment, you mentioned the discus!! Have a great trip! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this weekend, tell Kelly we said hi .love Grammie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!