4.09.2013

Day #46 in Orvieto


April 9, 2013 – Tuesday
Once again, I was going to wake up early this morning to get started on my work for the day but I didn’t…… maybe tomorrow. Normal morning routine – breakfast, class, chapter meeting, lunch. Between chapter meeting and lunch, I went with Alessandro to the Post Office because I ended up buying a cheap cell phone here so I had to go there with him to do some paperwork and pick up the phone. Kelly had lunch at us with Locanda which was great! I’m glad she got to eat with us. For lunch was had my favorite pasta! Some creamy artichoke stuff. Then we had eggplant and zucchini. After lunch, Kelly, Laura, and I went to St. Partick’s well which was great because I’ve had a “free” ticket to the well since I’ve been here but I hadn’t been yet! We walked to the well (which is by the funiculare) and started to walk down. It’s like a double helix because they used to bring animals down there so they needed two sets of stairs, one for animals going down and one for animals going up! It was pretty cool and we tossed some coins in and then after we left, we saw a sign that said DO NOT TOSS COINS. Whoops. We went to buy some dried strawberries which was sooooo delicious but so expensive. Then we had to get gelato again before Kelly left, so we went to La Musa to get gelato and we ordered the granita di caffe con panna which is pretty much a homemade Dunkin Donuts Coolata but 100 times better! We walked around for a while but unfortunately it was soon time for Kelly to leave so we walked her to the funicular, then Laura and I went back to the monastery to do some work, clean, etc.
Right now we are trying to figure out travel plans for next weekend since our class ends next Thursday! Then we have longer weekend to travel. We are deciding between Venice and Cinque Terre right now…
Anyways, here are a few pictures from the day!



View from the bottom of the well
From the top of the well

5 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!