4.14.2013

Day #51 in Orvieto

April 14, 2013 - Sunday

Today was another relaxing day where pretty much the only thing I had on my to-do list was "STUDY A LOT." So I definitely studied a little bit, but not A LOT as I had planned to. I wrote two more essays today so now I only have one left before I start my final essay due on Thursday. So that was productive. We had tomato soup for lunch which was great, then Laura and I went to the antique fair that was happening this weekend. We saw a lot of cool things, including super old Orvieto postcards but they were too expensive. I did buy a poster of Verona because the poster had a bunch of umbrellas on it which reminded me of my book project that I did for Disegno last month! We both found some jewelry too but it cost wayyyy too much money so we decided against it. So we ambled on back to the monastery but it was 70 degrees today which means perfect gelato weather (of course). Laura and I thought that we would buy gelato from the grocery store to save money but then both grocery stores were closed. We were a little discouraged but then decided we could just get the real thing. So we went to La Musa, our favorite gelato place, but right as we turned to walk into it, eight middle school boys ran in front of us and took over the place. Once again, it was discouraging but we decided that it was a sign that maybe we didn't actually need gelato. When we returned to the monastery, I then went out with Jenna to the market because we were going to have a picnic dinner together to save some money (because everyone else was going out for dinner). So we had the usual picnic food: bread, cheese, tomatoes, pesto, cookies. When Jenna and I returned, Laura made me a cappuccino which was so sweet of her. Then a few hours later... I went to Caffe del Corso to use the internet and I bought another  cappuccino there. Today was a pretty calm day which was wonderful because this week is going to be so busy! Class tomorrow, two sessions of class on Tuesday (so I'll be in class for 6 hours...), final exam on Wednesday, final essay on Thursday, then leaving for Cinque Terre at noon on Thursday after submitting the final essay! 


Cappuccino from Laura
The weather this week!!!
A picture of the duomo today... the tourists are coming out! Also the sky was SO BLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!