4.26.2013

Day #62 in Orvieto


April 25, 2013 – Thursday
I just wrote the date as “Orvieto 25, 2015.” Like… what? Not sure what’s up with that… but I did just wake up from a nap so maybe that’s why I’m confused.  Anyways, today was our last day of class for the week! Which is so crazy because I feel like this week just started. We just finished reading Vita Nova by Dante and now we’re working through the Inferno. The painting class is also incorporating the Inferno into their final project so during class today, we went down to the studio to read the first canto/chapter out loud to them while they painted. Which was a nice way to spend part of class, and it’ll be interesting to see what their final projects are in a few weeks! After class and an early lunch at 12, Laura, Sara, and I walked around to some venders and eventually made our way to the duomo. It’s Independence Day here so there are a million people out on the streets, so we took a few back roads on our way back to the monastery.
In other news… I almost saw my favorite cat, “Happy Cat,” almost get run over by a car which was more traumatic for me than it was for him, I think. He just casually rolled out from underneath it while I was freaking out. Happy Cat made another appearance today during our (silent) midnight soccer game at the soccer field near our monastery! It had to be a silent game though so we wouldn’t bother the neighbors. Anyways, Happy Cat watched us play the whole game and then when we were all sitting in the middle of the field, he came over to play. But then he started to get too feisty and it wasn’t fun anymore because I didn’t want to get rabies from him or anything. So I didn’t play with him anymore… also I don’t think we should call him Happy Cat now because he was a little aggressive. 

Chillin in our courtyard
Happy Cat chasing me into the monastery. I shut the door right after this picture

1 comment:

  1. Aggressive Cat is too orange to be like Rocket. haha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!