4.10.2013

Day #47 in Orvieto

The whole group in the monastery courtyard - the church is on the left and the whole line of windows is part of our residential hall. My window is on the other side though...
April 10, 2013 - Wednesday

Today we all met in the courtyard at 8:30am to send off our friends in the painting class! There's 8 of them in Painting and then 12 of us in Renaissance Narrative. This morning they began their 3-day pilgrimage walk to Lake Bolsena and a few other places! They all had backpacks that reminded me of La Vida. I guess it's pretty much La Vida but they're be gone for only three days. 

Anyways, we hugged them goodbye and waved to them as they left the monastery gate, and soon it was 9am and time to start class... I wish I could've gone with them! It sounded like it would be challenging, but still fun. It was weird once we got out of class at 12 because we didn't have chapter meeting since we were split up. All 12 of us went to lunch and it was such a good lunch! It's ALWAYS good but this is the second awesome lunch in a row. It was some sort of zucchini pasta and then we had fried eggplant and tomatoes. I really wanted gelato again because it's becoming a daily tradition now but I decided to go back to the monastery and read a little bit! I had a good amount of reading to do before class but I got through it (only because I decided that I would take a nap after, to reward myself). After my nap, I went for a run and it was beautiful, as usual. This is like the fourth day in a row that it's been so sunny and I'm worried that it'll be cold again soon because we've been so spoiled with the weather this week. 

Joeli, Christabel, Jenna, and I went to the travel agent around 6pm to figure out our travel plans for next weekend. We bought our tickets to Cinque Terre!! Although I'd love to still go to Venice, Cinque Terre might be a better option for next weekend because we want to be back by Sunday to go to a soccer game in Rome with our whole group. So that's the plan so far! We all went to Preghiera before dinner, which is like "Chasement" at Gordon. It's hard to explain but it's like a church/worship service and it's really cool because it's all in Italian, obviously... Anyways, that was great and then we went to dinner which was a few different kinds of bruschetta. Other than that, it was a pretty quiet day with only 12 of us here at the monastery! My roommate, Becky, is gone along with Laura & Sara (who live across the hall from me) so it's strangely quiet! 

Here's a picture of Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre. I got this picture from Wikipedia so we'll see if it looks like this in real life:


Also, here are a two random pictures that I didn't have time to post yesterday:
Reunited with Kelly
GELATO

3 comments:

  1. Cool colors on the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just like that - even nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - it's April in central Italy, there are no more cold days. It just starts to heat up now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!