4.17.2013

Day #54 in Orvieto

April 17, 2013 – Wednesday
This morning I had my exam and I think it went pretty well, although there were a few things on the exam that weren’t on the study guide… so I don’t think I answered those questions correctly. But for the most part, I think it went well! For the rest of the morning and afternoon I worked on my first essay and finished it, and now I’m still working on my second essay that’s due tomorrow around lunchtime. Although I want to finish it tonight so that tomorrow morning I can pack and do a few other things before we have lunch and head out! So we’ll be in Riomaggiore (one of the towns at Cinque Terre) from Thursday night until Saturday night. We don’t have a lot of plans for the two days but we are definitely going to go hiking and kayaking. And maybe snorkeling if it’s not freezing. But the snorkeling probably won’t happen… we’ll see. Either way, we are packing bathing suits and shorts for the weekend! And sunscreen, of course.
Also, last night there was a SCORPION in the bathroom downstairs! It was so aggressive. The boys trapped it in a cup and then we had a vote to see whether it should be killed or freed. Everyone voted for it to be free so Tim threw the cup outside and that was the last we saw of the scorpion. I’m a little bit worried that the scorpion has friends and I checked under my bed before going to sleep last night… scary.
THE SCORPION (trapped under a cup)
Neighbors
An afternoon walk

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what type of scream you let out when you saw the scorpion! I know your screams from your room have been incredibly loud when you found a tiny spider...oh man!!! Love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spread fresh lavender on the windowsills and around your bed. Scorpions hate lavender.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!