4.27.2013

Day #64 in Orvieto



April 27, 2013 – Saturday
Today was really cold and rainy but I can’t even remember the last time it rained here. It’s been so sunny every day! I slept in, went to the travel agent to get train tickets (because I’m going to Rome to meet Heather tomorrow), then I walked through the market on my way back to the monastery. The market was closing up though because it was starting to rain, so unfortunately the dried fruit stand was already gone – this was a little bit depressing but it was probably for the best. We had a new kind of pasta at lunch and I have no idea what it was but it was sooooo good. Kind of like mini lasagna noodles with cheese and artichoke stuff. I think. It was easily one of the best lunches we’ve had! After the pasta, we had meatballs. We often have these at Locanda and they’re good… but the first time we had them, someone said that they look like cat food and so now it’s a struggle for me to eat them whenever they are served for lunch. They’re actually really good, but once I am reminded of the cat food comment on Day #1, I can’t think about anything else when I start to eat them…
Anyways, that was random. After lunch, I went straight back to my room and took a nap for the rest of the afternoon because I’ve had a cold for the past few days (again!). Since it was so rainy and cold outside and I wasn’t feeling well, it was a good day for a nap. Then I had to read most of Dante in Love, which is actually interesting because it gives a lot of background information on Dante and The Divine Comedy. We are making our way through the Inferno now, so it’s nice to read Dante in Love at the same time. We had dinner at the monastery, then Internet time, and pretty much just hung out and read some more before bed! 

This is such a random picture but this is our sala / living room! Which is where I spent most of my day today... 

3 comments:

  1. It would be interesting for you to count how many new kinds of pastas you have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be more interesting to see how many your father will make for you when you come home! hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can make the cat food meatballs.Lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!