4.30.2013

Day #66 in Orvieto

April 29, 2013 - Monday
I woke up wide-awake at 5:30am on Monday morning at Heather’s! I was so ready to go at 5:30 but my alarm didn’t go off until six, and by the time I got up at 6, I was exhausted. So weird. Heather drove me to the train station (I keep calling it “the airport”) and on the way there, we stopped at a cafĂ© to get a cappuccino and they had muffins there! It was such a good muffin, which was odd because it was like the healthiest muffin ever. So many nuts and healthy things in it but it was surprisingly good/different from an average croissant. Anyways, she dropped me off at the train station and I had a good amount of time before the train. But my train was on the really far track which takes about ten minutes to walk to once you’re in the station – it’s pretty deceiving because it doesn’t even look that far away. The train back to Orvieto was fairly empty, but we randomly stopped on the tracks for ten minutes, and then continued on, but then the train was ten minutes behind! So I was supposed to arrive in Orvieto at 8:43 and take the funicular that runs at 8:50, but I got in at 8:53 and had to take the funicular that starts at 9:00 (CLASS TIME). So long story short, I arrived to class at 9:07 but it wasn’t a problem. And I had a feeling that even if my train was delayed a little bit, I would definitely be late. But thankfully I made it and arrived only a few minutes after class had started! After class we had chapter meeting in the sunshine, a great lunch, Italian class with Alessandro, which was fun because he told us a few jokes in Italian – although we didn’t laugh until he repeated them to us in English. I went for a walk with Jenna on Via del Popolo and soon Laura and Sara joined us. We made some secret plans for the rest of the week. I’ll write about the secret on Wednesday!

In the afternoon, I crashed and had to take a long nap before dinner. Which was going really well until the church bells started to ring at 7:23pm. Like… why would they do that? So after my interrupted nap, we had the usual dinner/Internet/cleaning/homework time for the rest of the night. I had a good amount of work to do but it was interesting stuff to work on. I read a bit more of Dante’s Inferno and I had to write a sonnet about an “encounter” that I’ve had with someone. 


Also, here are a few more pictures from Capalbio and the Garden of Tarot. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!