4.23.2013

Day #59 in Orvieto

April 22, 2013 - Monday

Today was the first day of our new class! Professor Foster from Wheaton will be teaching the Dante class that I’m in. We had a short class today because he just arrived last night, but it was great to do some introductions. We went around the room and talked about our weekends, because almost everyone was away this weekend (in Cinque Terre, Pompeii, Paris, or Croatia). So there was a lot to talk about! Soon it was time for lunch and it was SO WONDERFUL to be back at Locanda to eat after five days of being away! We had spaghetti, potatoes, and meat kabob things. After lunch, we had an hour before Italian so I mostly hung out at the monastery, cleaned my room, etc. It was a pretty average day until I walked down to Italian class and there was Alessandro, holding a HUGE package with that said “Megan & Jenna” on it! I took and from him and started running around the monastery, yelling for Jenna. We only had a few minutes before Italian started but we decided to rip the box open anyways. It was from our friend, Amy, and some of our other friends included stuff in the box. Amy sent us a bunch of candy and Easter things, Bobby sent me some cereal (so now I’ll have something other than cornflakes!), and we also got BROWNIE MIX. Jenna and I have been craving brownies since we got here so it was so exciting. It made me miss my friends a lot but I was so happy the rest of the day! They are great. 

Two hours before dinner, Sarah, Laura, Jenna, and I went to Montanucci's for chocolate cake because we wanted to hang out and catch up after our weekend apart! It was so nice to just talk for a few hours about the past two months and talk about what we want to do in the next two months!



We were so excited!!!!!!!!
The best chocolate cake from Montanucci's

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!