5.08.2013

Day #75 in Orvieto


May 8, 2013 – Wednesday
We are almost done reading Purgatorio in class which is pretty exciting. We will begin to read Paradiso over the weekend, take our final exam and turn in our final paper next week! Purgatorio is a little bit boring though, so class has been tough because it takes a while to move through the cantos/chapters. Anyways, at chapter meeting we’ve been having “introductions” which means that every day, two people will share their life story for 30 minutes and then we get to ask them questions! You can show off one of your talents, show pictures, whatever you want. My introduction isn’t until June 4th though so I have lots of time to come up with a whole selection of Rocket pictures.

It was raining off and on today, but I still decided to go for a run. Usually I just run for a while and then turn around, but today I had a lot of time so I decided to run around the perimeter of Orvieto which was nice. Super hilly, but it was cool to run around the entire town, mostly outside of the wall. I then returned to the monastery to pack for Scotland (TOMORROW!) and do some cleaning so I don’t have to worry about it tomorrow. I’m so so so excited to go to Scotland with Laura to visit Kelly! Laura and I will leave in the middle of lunch tomorrow to get on the funicular, take a train to Florence, then a train to Pisa, and then we’ll fly out of the airport in Pisa at 9pm. Then on Sunday morning, our flight from Edinburgh to Rome is at 6am… which shouldn’t be too fun but it’s going to be a good weekend. :)

The scary part of running 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!