5.15.2013

Day #82 in Orvieto

May 15, 2013 - Wednesday

Today is May 15th and I leave on June 15th... so so so weird. Our last official class was today and tomorrow we have our final exam, presentations, and then our essays are due this weekend. It's a good thing because we have an extended deadline, but it's also bad because I want to finish my essay so I can enjoy the weekend with Laura, Sara, and Jenna! I have part of my outline for the essay but it will take a while to go through all of Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso for quotes. In chapter meeting, we had two more people share their "introduction" and it was Laura's turn today. For her talent part of the introduction, she Irish step danced and she was SO GOOD. Sara and I continued to look at each other during her presentation because we felt like proud parents. Laura did Irish step dancing for years and everyone loved it today. It was the most exciting chapter meeting we've had.

We then went to lunch and then came back to the monastery to work on our final projects (paintings for the painting students and then essays for my class). At around 6pm, my class went to a cafe with my professor because he promised he would buy us each a cappuccino because we were such good sports about reading the entire Divine Comedy. So we sat outside the cafe and read the last two cantos of Paradiso out loud together. Soon it was time for dinner, Internet time, and then back to working on the final projects! There are a few people that have finished either their painting or essay but there are a lot of us that will be up for a while tonight...

Anyways, here's a picture of the books that I read in one month for this Dante class! It was a really good class, so I'm a little sad that it will end tomorrow.


P.S. The final projects are going pretty well right now in the monastery because Jolie just made two batches of brownies and Lydia is giving everyone free massages.

2 comments:

  1. LOL brownies and massages. Hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE finished cleaning the boat today,it's looking good. Time seems to be flying !!! love Grammie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!