5.20.2013

Day #87 in Orvieto

May 20, 2013 – Monday

Today was our first day of our last class! So our last, first day I guess. For the last month, I’m taking Poetry and Ekphrasis which is pretty much writing poetry about pieces of art. I had Professor Stevick for Intro to Creative Writing when I was a freshman, so it’s weird that he’s teaching this class because I’m having flashbacks to my freshman self but it’s also nice because he already knows me and acknowledges that I’ve studied a few of the poems already. I think I’m really going to enjoy this class and it’s going to be a good conclusion to the entire semester since it’s about combined both art and literature. And that’s been a major theme throughout the past three classes that I’ve taken here. The three-hour class seemed to speed by and suddenly it was already noon and time for chapter meeting. We had lunch and Professor Stevick’s wife and two kids will come to lunch now so it’s fun to sit by them because we don’t really see Prof Doll’s kids that often. After lunch, we had the usually Monday afternoon routine with cleaning the monastery and having Italian class. I then went for a run around Orvieto and it was beautiful, as usual. So I had to stop and take some pictures (and maybe I was also stopping to catch my breath after running up all the hills). Here are a few more pictures! I promise I also run when I go for runs… I don’t just take pictures. 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics, I think I have said before "I love ITaly!!!". Enjoy!!! Loraine

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!