5.22.2013

Day #89 in Orvieto


May 23, 2013 – Wednesday

Today was our last day of class for the week because we’re going to Rome tomorrow! In class today, we talked about our poems from last night. For our homework we had to go to the duomo and write a poem from the perspective of one of the statues on the duomo. So that was once again, challenging, but fun to walk up to the duomo and write there for a while. Anyways, after class we had chapter meeting and Genevieve shared her life story. Then it was lunchtime and Professor Stevick asked if anyone wanted to babysit after lunch, so naturally I was aggressively like “I WILL DO IT.” So he said that if they kids liked me, then I could babysit them because they’re pretty picky. After lunch I played with them in the courtyard and them seemed to like me enough, so I babysat them until 5:30ish. There aren’t really many toys at the monastery (obviously) so I had to come up with a few games and I told them so stories too. Then when Prof Stevick and his wife returned, his daughter was like “I love you bye!” so I think she liked me at least a little bit. It was fun to babysit them instead of do my homework or take a nap (I definitely would’ve napped all afternoon if I didn’t babysit). 


After babysitting, I went for a run because it was perfect running weather and it wasn’t too hot out. It was raining a little bit, off and on, but still good weather for running. I also packed for Rome tomorrow, which was a challenge because I’m trying to fit everything I need (notebook, water bottle, iPhone, toy phone, toothbrush, camera, etc) in my small bag that Federico made. I don’t want to pack too much because whatever we bring, we have to carry around all day and walk around the Vatican with our stuff. So I’m trying to pack as little as possible! We’ve leaving at 6:20am tomorrow morning so I’ll also try to go to bed early tonight… hmm. Anyways, w have some free time tomorrow morning to walk around Rome and do our homework (write some poems about different sculptures or artwork), then we’ll go to the Vatican as a class for Thursday afternoon, hang out in Rome for Laura’s birthday that night. Then we have a few more things to see on Friday morning and then I think I’ll do something with Heather. I’ll be back in Orvieto on Friday night for dinner!






The statue on the duomo that I wrote about

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!