5.25.2013

Day #92 in Orvieto

May 25, 2013 - Saturday

Today was a rainy Saturday in Orvieto but it was okay because everyone was so tired from the past few days! I woke up around 11, and then quickly got ready to go to the market because I had a few things that I wanted to buy. It started to pour so I went into the kitchen store where I bought my little pink espresso maker last weekend. A few minutes later, I left the store and it was sunny again, but windy! So the weather was pretty crazy for a while but I continued to walk around into a lot of shops. Since I only have three weeks left, I'm trying not to leave a ton of shopping until that last minute. Not that I really have a ton of shopping to do... there are just a few things that I want to buy but I haven't bought yet because I thought I had so much time! Soon it was lunchtime and lunch was a little bit awkward because there was only enough seats for like 8 people but there were 15 people at lunch today - so something was wrong with the numbers and we thought there wasn't going to be enough food but there was. Anyways, after lunch, I went to Caffe del Corso to check the Internet and type up my posts about Rome, went back to the monastery to clean my room, and then Elizabeth popped in to see if I wanted to go shopping with her because she thought I was the "best shopper" (Maybe this isn't a good title to have? It definitely wasn't a good thing as I was trying to make it through the Vatican gift shops on Thursday without buying anything). So we went to a few different stores and she bought some sandals and I bought a few more gifts for my family. We went back to the monastery and I went a little bit crazy with the crafts again which was fun but suddenly it was 8pm and the whole day was pretty much over! Well, we still had dinner, Internet time, and then I worked in the studio for a bit more.

Another picture from the Vatican!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!