5.29.2013

Day #95 in Orvieto


May 28, 2013 – Tuesday

Today in class we continued to talk about our duomo poems, then we began to critique our Rome poems. We only had time to critique mine in class today so we spent about twenty minutes talking about my small poem, which was strange! I wasn’t allowed to talk while everyone else talked about my poem (the one about Michelangelo’s Risen Christ) and guessed what was going on – so that was frustrating because I wanted to explain myself! So after that I had a whole list of things to change about my poem, but I don’t think I’ll change everything because I like certain parts of it.

At chapter meeting we had cake for Laura’s birthday even though it was last Thursday. We keep joking that she has the never-ending birthday because we’ve celebrated her birthday almost everyday since last Wednesday before we went to Rome. Also at chapter meeting, Ariel had her introduction and it was good to learn more about her! Lunch was great, as usual. We had a new pasta today – some sort of cheesy onion pasta that looked weird at first but it was obviously delicious.

Italian was cancelled today so it felt like we had a lot of free time this afternoon! I went for a run and then stretched on the soccer field that is behind our church. It was beautiful over there so I decided that I have to go to the field more often! I wish I had my field hockey stick, though. Here’s a picture from the turf field of the church that our monastery is attached to:

2 comments:

  1. Nice field:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can see why you would want your hockey stick. Love Grammie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!