3.05.2013

Day #11 in Orvieto


Another picture from the sunset yesterday

March 5, 2013

A woman was driving by me in her car today when she suddenly halted to a stop, then shouted “Scusi! Scusi?” from her window at me. Naturally, because this is how I respond to everyone when they speak to me in Italian, I was like “Uhhh… um.. uhh.” Finally I got out some variation of “No parlo… uhh… italiano. Mi dispiache…” to which she replied “GREAT. I don’t speak Italian either!” She then asked for directions and I’m pretty sure I gave her the correct directions to where she needed to go… hopefully. She just needed to get out of Orvieto so I sent her down a street that I’m 90% sure leads out of Orvieto. Mostly because it’s downhill. Anyways, I would call that an “Italian success” for the day, but I didn’t even speak any Italian. But whatever, it was still a success because I gave someone directions!

It was super cold and a little rainy today so I spent most of my time drawing in the studio and palazzo, and then taking an hour-long nap. Meh. Tomorrow we are going to learn more about our trip to Rome on Thursday and the details that go with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!