3.20.2013

Day #26 in Orvieto


March 20, 2013 - Wednesday
Today was the last day to work on our projects. My book is pretty much done except I added some details that I didn’t like, so now I need to fix it! The studio will be unlocked until 1am this morning so we can’t stay past then, but then we can get there at 5 or 6am on Thursday morning if we really need to before everything is due at 8am. Thankfully I don’t think I’ll need to do that, I only have a little bit more to do. Although I guess I could always keep working…

This morning at 9am, we had to go to the police station to get fingerprinted and stuff before we have “permission to sojourn.” I’m pretty sure that’s why we were there, although I’m not exactly sure. We had to wait for a while before the guy would call our last names, one by one. I didn’t respond when he called “WEAR-NEEG” so he had to angrily say it a few times. Woops. And then I had to wait for a while longer because there’s was something wrong with a number on my paperwork and so a bunch of other officers were called in to check it out. Of course, I had no idea what they were saying so I just sat there and tried to smile politely. Awkward. They then motioned for me to follow them into a different room where I was fingerprinted with ink and then I was hustled into another room where they discuss my “wrong number” for a little bit longer because they electronically fingerprinted me. Anyways, they finally let me go after crossing out the number on my “permission to sojourn” slip and then they wrote a knew number. Who knows. I certainly didn’t know what was going on. The officer then waved at me and said “Bye bye” because I was still standing at the desk for a few moments after he apparently dismissed me. Awkward again. So I then wandered back to the monastery to get a snack (naturally) before heading to the studio to work until lunchtime. We had THE BEST pasta at lunch today – one of my favorites. It was like some creamy sauce with zucchini in it. Then there were some meatballs and leafy green stuff for the second course. They never serve meatballs WITH the pasta, which is interesting. It’s always with the second course.
The rest of the day was spent writing a few postcards, walking around town, working on my book, cleaning, etc. Nothing too exciting! I forgot to post this picture of Rocket the other day. Emily was chasing him around the house while we FaceTimed but Rocket was NOT interesting in talking to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!