3.27.2013

Day #33 in Orvieto

March 27, 2013 - Wednesday

So last night when I was chatting with my mom on Facebook, she said "Do you have any cold medicine with you?" and I suddenly realized that I had Advil Congestion Relief with me this whole time and I haven't even used it. Embarrassing. I totally forgot that I packed it because it took the medicine out of the box and then stuffed it into my toiletries bag to "save space." But the problem was, I didn't remember what kind of pills they were so I just forgot about them. So the bad news is that I have been complaining about my cold, only to realize that I had medicine the whole time. The GOOD news is that I took some and I feel a little bit better today.

Class was pretty interesting today! We've been learning a little bit of Italian here and there and it's nice to learn practical stuff in the class even though sometimes the stuff that we talk about can SEEM irrelevant (although it's not) because it's about renaissance art. We have been talking about how artists were perceived during the renaissance and how they are perceived now. Interesting stuff. I have a good amount of reading to do tonight though and I should be doing that instead of blogging... 

It was finally beautiful weather today! Well it actually wasn't that sunny but since it was a little warm outside, it felt beautiful. We didn't have chapter meeting today so I found myself wandering around the monastery during the awkward hour between class and lunch so I put on my man sweater (pretty sure I've talked about this sweater in every post this week) and went for a walk around the part of Orvieto that I haven't been to in a while! I wasn't entirely sure what was over on that side of Orvieto, but it was nice to just walk around and explore, until I realized that I had five minutes to get to lunch and I have my usual ten seconds of panic before I realized where I was again. Because it's almost impossible to get lost here... 



After lunch, gelato, and some homework, Becky and I went to the travel agent in town (she is Professor Doll's friend so he always encourages us to buy tickets from her). We are going to Rome for the weekend to visit my cousin, Heather! After the travel agency, we went to the library where I casually walked by the vending machine, only to see THIS:


A KIT KAT!!!!! Only the best kind of candy in the world! Of course, I whipped out some coins and bought it (and ate it) right away. It was so good. Although the chocolate tasted a little different. But seriously, it was great. It brought me back to the days when my field hockey "stick sister" (Ashley) would buy me kit kats before ever game.... so like, last year. If I ever have a kit kat craving, I now know that I can come to the library vending machine.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!!! only you could make cold medicine, man sweater and kitkat blend into a hilarious post:):):):):):)):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg: Hope your cold is getting better. I thought I would piggyback on to your Moms comment because it is the only way we can do it. Have a great weekend with Heather and a great Easter. Gram & I love reading your posts. Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun in Rome and with Heather. Take some pictures if you can and maybe we will get to face chat a bit from her place. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. Hope you have a happy Easter and a great visit in Rome--maybe you will get to see the Pope--wouldnt that be awesome!! love Auntie Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!