3.15.2013

Day #21 in Orvieto


March 15, 2013 - Friday
This morning, Becky and I woke up at 6:30am to get to the studio early. I’m pretty sure I had a dream/nightmare about my book last night so it was a relief to get up and just start working. I finished making the accordion part of my book and I like it so far. For the first few hours of working with the book (it was a wrinkly/glue-y/ugly mess until I finished constructing it) I hated it at first. Thankfully, it’s getting better though because I had a meeting with Prof. Doll and Hannah and they gave me some feedback on my story and they gave me a few ideas for where to go with my book. So it was a helpful meeting but overwhelming because there’s so much to do before our final critique on Thursday! For lunch we had alfredo pasta, green beans, and ham/cheese egg things Weird, I know. But it was good.
After lunch I went back to the studio to practice stamping my linoleum alphabet stamps. This was a messy process as well but after I spent some time on that, I took my laptop and headed over to Blue Bar (the café with wifi) and I had another cappuccino and pastry.  

After dinner I went back to the monastery to finish my laundry (although it was STILL a little bit wet) and I just hung out in the library/classroom for a while. It was soon time for dinner then back to work at the studio for a little while before bed. Other than that, nothing else has really happened today!  Tomorrow I’m so excited to go for a run and go to the market. That’s all I have planned for the weekend… and I’ll be working on my book. A lot. Here are a few pictures of my accordian book so far:

One side of my book is all texture from the city (this was a homework assignment from another day)
The other side is a bunch of conte designs

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Can't wait to see the finished product:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!