3.24.2013

Day #30 in Orvieto


March 24, 2013 – Sunday
So I either have a terrible cold or I’m allergic to Italian nature… because I’m struggling with this sore throat today! I slept for twelve hours last night – until noon today so I completely missed church. I spent like two hours eating oranges, drinking juice, tea, coffee, water (pretty much ANYTHING to help my throat) in the kitchen by myself while everyone was still at church. Then I wrote a few emails, organized my room, and decided to venture out in town. But of course, I started walking at 1:45ish and everything closes from 2-4 every day. So there wasn’t much open but there was a small market happening on a random side street, so I went to look over there and 45 minutes later, I had spent an embarrassing amount of money on various jewelry and stuff from the market! But most of the jewelry is for my mom and sister I think… mayb I’ll keep some of it too. Then I left the market, feeling a little poor and hungry, so I decided to get some apple cinnamon gelato on the way home.  All of that walking just exhausted me so then I went to take a nap. This is a super exciting day, right?

Then I went to a café I’d never been to before, Barrique, to use the Internet and get a cappuccino. I didn’t really want one but you have to buy something to use the internet… So that’s what happened. At the café I did some MORE exciting stuff – looked at housing, registration for the fall, possible classes, etc.

The weather was beautiful today but then it got a little bit cloudy. It’s supposed to rain a lot this week so thankfully we had a beautiful weekend! Tomorrow we start our new class. About half of the group will take the paiting class and I’ll be in the Renaissance Narrative class. I wish it was possible to take both because the painting class sounds so great, but I’m exciting for Renaissance Narrative. It’ll be so weir dbecause we have these classes IN the monastery instead of at the palazzo! So pretty much I’ll roll out of bed, go downstairs to eat breakfast, and then walk down the hall to class. Weird. Should be good though!
After hanging out at Barrique for a while, we went back to the monastery to get ready for dinner. Our RA and TA, Hannah and Karen, make us dinner on Sunday nights so we walked to the palazzo for that around 7:45ish. Other than that... nothing exciting happened today! Except for my apple crisp gelato. That was the best part of the day. :)

The houses here are so close together. I don't know how they all fit!

1 comment:

  1. My guess is you have a cold! Hopefully you will feel better soon. I think a few portions of gelato and you will be on the upswing. I am enjoying your blog and the pictures you are posting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!