3.11.2013

Day #17 in Orvieto


 March 11, 2013 – Monday
Well, I don’t have much to write about today because I spent most of the day just writing and uploading pictures from the past four days! But a few things about the day… I woke up at 6 to the sound of a dog barking, I woke up at 7 to the sounds of a whole bird jungle (I could’ve sworn that these birds were IN our room or stuck in the window – so loud!), at 8 I woke up to someone shouting outside along with church bells (the monastery is attached to a church), and then Becky and I both woke up at 9 to the sound of hammers and construction tools underneath and above us. We were warned about the ongoing construction that would happen today, but it was definitely an interesting way to wake up in our new home! I slept so well in my comfy bed but the second I got up, it was FREEZING. I ambled on down to the kitchen to have some corn flakes, juice, and instant coffee. Now we have instant coffee and a French press in the morning… this is different from having an espresso machine and fresh coffee made by the monks in the morning (this was what we’ve had for the past two weeks in the Villa!). Anyways… the instant coffee wasn’t bad. I was just so happy that it was WARM!
I was going to go for a run to work off all my weekend gelato, but instead I went to the library with Genevieve, Becky, Lydia, and I went across town to the library. We had a crazy time trying to ask for the wifi password because we didn’t know any Italian words that could help with such a request. It finally worked, but sometimes would bump us off for no reason at all, but for the most part it was successful! We went to Locanda for lunch and it was so nice to be back to our normal routine! After lunch, Genevieve and I went to Blue Bar, which is a café that has wifi. We were there for over three hours because it took me forever to upload pictures and write out what happened during the entire weekend! I ordered a cappuccino there and then Antony (the guy that works there) said he would give me a donut for half price. Not sure if I look like the type of girl that loves donuts (if that’s what he assumed, he’s 100% correct) but I got a donut – the kind that he told me all the Americans get. It was pretty much just a glazed donut with sugar instead of glaze but it was twice the size of a normal donut. Then I camped out in the dining area with Genevieve while I typed typed and typed some more, as you can see from my 5 blog entries in a row! Since that took up most of the day, we then went back to the monastery, stopping at a grocery store on the way. I wanted to buy some fruit and granola bars because a girl can’t live on corn flakes and instant coffee in the morning! I should be reading my book that’s due tomorrow… but it’s been way more fun to keep unpacking and visit everyone in their new rooms!
After procrastinating, it was soon time to head to Locanda for some dinner, walk to the palazzo for Internet time (which is where I’m posting this right now), and then soon it will be time for bed! Well, after I read this book. It’s called Invisible Cities. I have to read it and choose my favorite “city” to write about. Then after I write my own story, I’ll incorporate it until my final art project, which will be in the form of a book. It’s hard to explain right now but I’ll post some pictures once I start the final project. We’ll be starting it this week because next week is our LAST WEEK OF THE FIRST CLASS and then we will have an art show! How is that possible?
The wardrobe/desk that Becky and I share
My bed, side table, and pile of shoes!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!