3.17.2013

Day #23 in Orvieto


March 17, 2013 - Sunday
Today was one of those days where the hours fly by and all of a sudden it’s 5pm and you didn’t get to do all the things that you wanted to do. That was me today… I was in the studio from 10-6pm just stamping. Stamping stamping stamping and then I realized that it was late in the afternoon! All I did was stamp little umbrellas onto ONE SIDE of my book! Thankfully, it looks pretty good so at least I didn’t spend all that time on it to have it look awful. So it’s definitely progress but there’s a lot more work to be done! Here are a few pictures of what I have so far: 





I couldn't fit the whole thing in the picture but this should give you an idea of how long it is!
Tomorrow I need to start stamping my story onto the other side of the book, which should definitely take up most of Monday and Tuesday. Then I need to figure out what else to add…
This morning I didn’t go to mass with everyone else (oops) but I DID learn how to make my own cappuccino! Or I just watched Ariel make them and she told me what she was doing along the way. It looked pretty easy but I’ll have to try making them when no one else is around in case I do something weird with it (which I feel like this would happen). My day was then consumed by my book except for a twenty-minute mishap during lunchtime. I left the studio to go to a café nearby and so I THOUGHT I ordered a normal sandwich. I pointed at it and asked for “un panino” and then the woman listed off a bunch of different things, including “prochutto” which is something normal that we always eat and it kinda tastes like him. So I said yes and she put one of the sandwiches into a bag for me, I paid, then left. When I was walking back to the palazzo to continue working, I decided to take a bite of it only to realize that it was RAW FISH AND HARD-BOILED EGG. That is not the panino I wanted! But seriously… two things I despise are slimy raw fish and the yolk of hard boiled eggs. So when I got back to the studio, everyone was like “ohhh what’d you get?” and I was like “something weird” and then everyone wanted to know if it was good and I had to pretend that I liked it because I was ashamed that I spent like 4 dollars on it. Sigh. I really tried to like it but it was just so……. gross. But now I know.
Anyways, I ate the whole thing except for a few raw fish bits. Then a few hours later when I walked back to the monastery, I darted into the gelato place to eat something delicious after such a weird lunch. And it WAS delicious and redeemed that strange, strange sandwich. 

2 comments:

  1. My stomach feels a little sick thinking about the sandwich. "Big mistake;)" I wonder what the person making it was thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strange pallet for an American. The gelato was a nice save, Megan.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!