3.22.2013

Day #28 in Orvieto

I slept in until 10:30 this morning! I probably could have slept even longer except there was an annoying little dog outside of our window - although it seriously sounded like it was IN our room. I said to Becky, "I don't think I've ever been so comfortable," because my bed felt SO COMFORTABLE last night. I slept so well and it was wonderful to not have to set an alarm. After I finally got up, I wrote a few postcards, had breakfast, and did some laundry. We are running low on drying racks so I went outside to set up my own drying rack (two chairs connected by a bunch of broken bamboo sticks from the bamboo forest behind the monastery). It's a pretty nice day so I think my inventive drying rack will be great. Normally our clothes have to dry on the racks in a small, damp room upstairs. Laura came out to see what I was doing (because I was lugging bamboo sticks around) and then she whispered, "Grumpy Grumps is staring at us!" We have a neighbor, affectionately titled Grumpy Grumps by a few people, and he always comes over to yell at us! So I turned around to see him standing on his balcony, glaring at me as I hung up about twenty socks on my bamboo sticks. Anyways... we hurried inside after that. Hopefully all of my socks will still be there when I return this afternoon. We then went to lunch and it was weird because there are only 10 of us here this weekend (some people went to Tuscany, Florence, Venice, etc). I'm excited to stay here for the weekend though because I haven't had time to explore Orvieto at all since the very beginning when we first arrived.

Laura and I went in a few shops today and on the way home, she showed me the cutest puppy that she met earlier this week! Sometimes dogs scare me but this puppy was so cute. :)

Also... we got gelato today and I tried the apple cinnamon gelato and it may be my new favorite! It tasted like apple crisp.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking dog:) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg: One month down. 3 to go. Looks like you are doing well. Are enjoying your blog. Have a great weekend. Papa

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!