3.28.2013

Day #34 in Orvieto


March 28, 2013
For some reason, everything seemed to be late today. We got out of class 25 minutes late, chapter meeting started and ended late, and lunch was pushed to 1:30 instead of 1. It’s safe to say that I was struggling with impatience the whole day, because I like to be on my schedule. After a typical morning and lunch, I came back to the monastery to do some work, take ANOTHER nap (pretty sure I’m becoming a sloth), and work on some reading and my essay for the day. Today was cleaning day for the monastery so we all have to get in our groups and clean for part of the afternoon. A few of us then went to church – San Giovanni – for the “foot washing” ceremony. We were a little bit late because there were lots of tourists in the streets so it took forever to speed walk there, but it was a nice ceremony. The people at that church are always super friendly to us and there are a few students from our group that sing in the choir every Sunday there (I am not one of them…).

I went to the supermarket after that because I was running low on snack supplies, which was obviously an emergency. Also, I don’t think I’ve talked about these yet, but we have a cookie obsession in the monastery. We discovered these cookies a few weeks ago because we would eat them with Nutella when times were tough in the studio, but now EVERYONE has a bag. They’re seriously so good even though they’re actually cheap, shortbread cookies. We’ve been dipping them in milk, tea, Nutella, Spalmella (I don’t remember how to spell it but it’s the knockoff brand of Nutella – it’s a little bit sketchy but it’s good). Anyways, it’s a little over a euro to buy this entire bag! So of course, I bought my own bag at the store today.
My roommate, Becky, and I are going to Rome this weekend to see Heather so I’ll be sure to write about that when I get back! :)

The cookies!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!