3.19.2013

Day #25 in Orvieto

March 19, 2013 - Tuesday

Today was "San Guiseppe day" or something like that - also know as the BEST HOLIDAY EVER! There was a parade through the town but I was working on my book so I didn't actually get to see the parade, but at 7ish we went down to one of the piazzas where there was a band, a chocolate egg raffle, and a box of donuts that came with a plastic cup of wine for 1 euro. Like I said, best holiday ever. We made our way through the crowd and got our donuts and plastic cups, then sat down on a bench to listen to the music and eat the little munchkins. They kinda looked like chicken nuggets but they were donuts. So good, but so fried. Laura and I then went over to the chocolate egg raffle and we pushed a few kids out of the way, but by the time we got to the front of the line, they were closing up! But then the guy opened up one of the chocolate eggs, smashed it with something that looked like a hammer, and then gave us pieces of chocolate. Seriously it was the best chocolate I've ever had. It was like dark chocolate (and sometimes I don't like dark chocolate) but it was DELICIOUS and wasn't too bitter. Other than that, the day was spent in the studio again. I finished stamping all 1001 letters!! Yahooooo! So after I finished stamping, I went to lunch, and then went back to the monastery to take a 2 1/2 nap. I haven't been feeling well so the nap was necessary! We'll see how I feel about it at 2am when I can't fall asleep tonight/this morning though...

Here are a few pictures of my book so far, all of our books on the floor, a picture of my book cover, and then pictures from the festival! My book still needs some work because it looks so messy right now... but I have all day tomorrow to work on it. 




All of this for 1 euro
Happy Laura with a piece of the chocolate egg

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I am thinking the tasty donuts, wine and chocolate may have made you feel ill-ish, especially if your piece if chocolate was as large as your head.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!